Colorado Jet Ski Rental Operating Tips
The following is a list of items your Colorado jetski rental
operator should demonstrate to you. Safety conscious rental operators sometime require customers to take some required instruction at the time of the rental.
1.Start and shut off the engine and be aware that the jetski rental
or personal watercraft rental
will not steer without power; power must be maintained through the pump.
2. Know that the lanyard connection to start / stop switch must be secured to either the Personal Flotation Device (PFD) or wrist.
3. The Colorado jet ski rental
operator should demonstrate how to approach and depart from a dock, always drawing near another object from the side, not head-on.
4. The Colorado pwc rental
operator should demonstrate how to perform an emergency turn.
5. Practice how to board, re-board and re-right the waverunner rentals
or personal watercraft rental
6. Know how to use a chart, map and compass on the jet ski rental
or waverunner rental
, if applicable.
7. Know how and when to use distress signals or flares, if applicable.
8. Know the jetski rental
or personal watercraft rental
and its equipment, such as the emergency kit.
9. Know how to ventilate the gas tank and fuel consumption requirements for waverunner rentals
: one third supply to get to destination, one third supply to return to port and one third supply in case of emergency.
Jet Ski Rental Colorado Safety Equipment
drivers must wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times and so should everyone else who rides the jet ski rental
or personal watercraft rental
. The Personal Flotation Device should be an approved PFD in good repair, appropriate to the activity and should properly fit the individual. Highly visible PFDs are recommended. Studies have shown that the operator's PFD contributes to overall visibility of the jetski rentals
or PWC rentals
while in operation.
2. Eye protection
6. Apply sunscreen
Safe Riding Practices for Jet Ski rentals / PWC Rentals
No matter how much jet ski rental
experience you have, it's always a good idea for everyone to review Colorado PWC rental
safety rules before departures. Read below to familiarize yourself with these 10 basic jet ski rental
or PWC rental
- Be weather-wise while on your waverunner rental. Always check local weather conditions for jet ski rental safety before departure- TV and radio forecasts can be a good source of information. If you notice darkening clouds, volatile and rough changing winds, or sudden drops in temperature, play it safe by getting off the water.
- Follow a Pre-Departure Checklist. Proper jetski rental or PWC rental safety means being prepared for any possibility on the water. From compliance with fire safety regulations to tips for fueling up, following a pre-departure checklist is the best way to make sure no Colorado jet ski rental or Colorado pwc rental safety rules or precautions have been forgotten.
- Use common sense when operating jet ski rentals or pwc rentals. One of the most important parts of Colorado waverunner rental safety is to use your common sense. This means operating at a safe speed at all times, especially in crowded areas. Be alert at all times, and steer clear of large vessels and watercraft that can be restricted in their ability to stop or turn. Also be respectful of buoys and other navigational aids, all of which have been placed there for one reason only- to ensure your own jetski rental or personal watercraft rental safety.
- Make proper use of lifejackets. Did you know that the majority of drowning victims as the result of jet ski rental or pwc rental accidents were found not to be wearing a lifejacket? Make sure that your family and friends aren't part of this statistic by assigning and fitting each member of your onboard team with a lifejacket prior to departure on the jetski rentals or pwc rentals.
- Avoid Alcohol when operating the Colorado jet ski rentals or Colorado pwc rentals. Practice jet ski rental or pwc rental safety at all times by saving the alcohol for later. The probability of being involved in a waverunner rental accident doubles when alcohol is involved, and studies have also shown that the affect of alcohol is exacerbated by external effects such as sun and wind.
- Learn to Swim. If you are going to be in and around the water, proper Colorado jet ski rental or Colorado pwc rental safety means knowing how to swim. Local organizations such as the American Red Cross and others offer training for all ages and abilities- check to see what classes are offered in your area!
- Take a jet ski rental Colorado or pwc rental Colorado course. Beginning Colorado jet ski rental operators and experienced experts alike need be familiar with boating safety rules of operation. PWC rental education requirements vary by state- some require validated completion of at least one jet ski rental Colorado safety course. Regardless of Colorado's jet ski rental requirements, it's always important to be educated, aware and prepared for every circumstance that might arise. You can learn Colorado PWC rental and jet ski rental safety rules by taking a local community course, or there are online tutorials to help educate novice jet skiers.
Colorado Jet Ski Rental / PWC Rentals Colorado Manufacturers
- Kawasaki Watercraft
- PowerSki Jetboards
- Sonic Jet
- Swift Oceanics
- Yamaha Watercraft
Useful links for Colorado Jet Ski Rentals / PWC Rentals Colorado
National Marine Manufacturer's Association (NMMA)
United States Power Squadrons
Personal Watercraft Conflict Resolution
Northwest Personal Watercraft Safety Project
Personal Watercraft Industry Association (PWIA)
United States Coast Guard - Office of Boating Safety
American Watercraft Association
Colorado Jet Ski Rental Tours
11-6-09 Do I have to have experience with Colorado jet ski rentals
to go on a jet ski rental
You do not have to have prior experience with jet ski rentals
to go on a Colorado jet ski rental
tour. Most jet ski rental
guides will help you get the hang of the jet ski rentals
before they take all the jet ski rentals
out. If you need any help or a private jetski rental
tutorial, the jet ski rentals
company should be able to provide you with an initial jetski rental
lesson before the jetski rentals
10-30-09 How long are Colorado jetski rental
tours vary in length. You may want a long amount of time on the jetski rentals
and the PWC rental
company that is providing the jet ski rental
tour may be able to accommodate you. Typically, PWC rental
tours last anywhere between one hour to three hours. Check with your specific Colorado PWC rental
company for more details.
10-26-09 How many people are usually included in a Colorado jet ski rental
The number of people in a given waverunner rental
tour depends on the number of people signed up for the wave runner rental
tour that day, or may be shorter if there are many PWC rentals
that day. If there are many PWC rentals
, then the waverunner rental
company may choose to break the group into a couple different jet ski rental
tours, if there are enough waverunner rental
tour guides on staff.
10-21-09 Will I see any local attractions or sights when on my Colorado jetski rental
Many times the Colorado jetski rental
tour company you are renting your jetski rental
from will plan for their jetski rental
tours to include sightseeing of local landmarks or other interesting things. Jet ski rentals
are a great way to get out on the water and see things you normally wouldn't, such as dolphins or other sea life, or local landmarks such as lighthouses or the shoreline, all from the jet ski rentals
10-15-09 Where can I find Colorado jet ski rental
We would primarily reccomend our site, www.rentandorbuy.com for this information. You can then find jetski rental
companies on our site and check out their website for more specific jet ski rentals
information. You can also contact the jet ski rental
company directly and ask if they provide jet ski rental
tours or if they know of another Colorado jetski rental
company that does.
10-5-09 What is a jet ski rental
A jet ski rental
tour is a tour provided by many jet ski rental
companies that allow you to travel in a group of others on jetski rentals
and a jetski rental
tour guide. A jet ski rental
tour will allow you to get the most out of your jet ski rental
and the area in which you are taking it. Colorado jet ski rental
tours may take you to places you would not have normally gone, and insure your safety with a jet ski rental
tour guide that is an expert on where to go and Colorado jet ski rentals
Colorado Jet Ski Rental FAQs
11-2-09 What is the difference between Colorado waverunner rentals, Colorado personal watercraft rentals
and Colorado jet ski rentals
There is no difference between waverunner rentals, personal watercraft rentals
and jet ski rentals
. They are all synonyms for the same power sport vehicle, or the jetski rentals
. Some people call them different names, but they all mean the same thing.
10-28-09 How many people can ride on a Colorado waverunner rental
Depending on the types of jet ski rentals
the jetski rental
company are offering, PWC rentals
can seat one, two or three jet ski rental
passengers, including the waverunner rental
driver. Check with your Colorado waverunner rental
company for more details on the types of waverunner rentals
10-23-09 How fast are Colorado jet ski rentals
Most Colorado jetski rentals
are very fast, and can reach speeds up to 60 to 70 mph. The weight that is on the jet ski rental
and how many riders there are on one jetski rental
at a time may also affect the speed of the jet ski rental
10-16-19 Where can I take my Colorado jet ski rentals
There are many places to take a Colorado jet ski rental
. The best places are any large body of water, such as the ocean or a lake. Jetski rentals
can also be taken on rivers and smaller lakes. As always, use your best judgment when deciding where to take your Colorado jet ski rentals
10-14-09 Is there an age limit on Colorado jet ski rentals
Sometimes there is an age limit on how old an individual has be to be rent a Colorado jet ski rental
, and other requirements on how old an individual has to be to ride on a Colorado jet ski rental
. Since many states vary on the requirements of driving a jet ski rental
, it is best to check with your state's rules on jetski rentals
. Every Colorado jet ski rental
company will have this information.