IntroductionRenting a car or van
makes sense in a lot of different situations. When visiting family for example, getting a Colorado car rental
is much more convenient than trying to coordinate sharing the family car. When traveling a far distance, it is likely you won't be possible to bring along your car. And even if you are not venturing that far from home, sometimes you just want to see what it's like to drive something different like a convertible, an expensive import, or a fully-equipped luxury sedan.Renting a car
doesn't have to be a hassle and it usually won't be if you plan ahead. Here's what you need to know about renting a car
Colorado Car Rental Operating Tips
- When you are renting a car, the Colorado car rental operator will not ask you to prove that you know how to drive. He or she will just ask you to produce a valid driver's license (and possibly an international driver's permit). You'll likely have to use a credit card when renting a car. If you get into an accident or cause damage to the rental car, the Colorado car rental agency can bill your credit card for the amount of any damages.
- Unless you're renting a car in a foreign country or you're renting something out of the ordinary, rental cars will operate as you'd expect. Normal rental car operating procedures won't need to be explained. But the Colorado car rental operator should take time to point out any special, unique or safety features of the car. For example, if you are unsure how an installed global positioning system (GPS) works, the car rental operator should demonstrate that feature of the car rental or SUV rental.
- Always inspect your rental car with the car rental Colorado agency operator before you sign the car rental agreement or car rental contract and before you leave the premises. Make sure the brake lights, reverse lights, turning signals, brakes, horn and wiper blades are operating properly. Double check the mileage too. Make note of existing rental car damage and inconsistencies in the mileage. Make sure the Colorado car rental operator is in agreement with any notations about the rental truck.
- When renting a car, the rental agency will likely try and sell you collision and damage insurance. It is a good idea to have such insurance to cover you from accidents while in the rental car Colorado, whether they are your fault or someone else's. ALWAYS check with your credit card company, because they may have car rental insurance built into the services they offer you for carrying their card, and this feature that some card companies have could save you money. Check the amount they will cover you for, and if you do not feel that this is enough, take an "add on" policy with the Colorado van rental company. It is important to note that not all credit cards provide this coverage, so each individual's case is different and must be investigated as such.
Colorado Rental Car Safety Equipment
When renting a car
, it is important to make sure you have the following:
- Plenty of gas in your auto rental Colorado, especially if you are unsure how soon or how often you will have the opportunity to refill the tank.
- Detailed maps of the areas where you will be traveling.
- A fully charged cell phone and a cell phone battery charger that will work in the type of car rental you plan to rent. If you'll be in a foreign country, ask about car adapter compatibility while at the rental car Colorado agency.
- The phone number for the Colorado car rental agency that you can call, any hour of the day, in case of an accident or other emergency.
- The phone number and address of the place where you will be staying while renting a car.
- A wallet with cash and identification.
- Your automobile club membership card (if you have one), including phone numbers to use in case of emergency.
- A spare tire and appropriate tools for your Colorado truck rental or Colorado car rental.
- A child safety seat. If you will need one, be sure to request a car seat when you make your reservation for the rental car. Reconfirm that a car seat is included in your reservation. That way, there's a better chance it will be there waiting for you and that it will be appropriate for your child's age and size.
- A copy of your current automobile insurance policy.
Safe Driving Practices for Colorado Rental Cars
- Always take a few moments to become familiar with the Colorado car rental and its controls before getting on the road. Adjust your mirrors, set the interior temperature, and know how to turn on lights, blinkers, wipers, etc. on our new Colorado SUV rental or other car rental.
- Obey all posted signs while in your truck rental. International road signs are different from those you see in your country, so it's important to recognize and understand the various road signs you're likely to encounter.
- Never exceed the posted speed limits while in your Colorado rental car.
- Park only in designated areas while in your SUV rental Colorado.
- Never operate a rental car while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Slow down when operating the Colorado rental car in wet, icy, or snowy conditions and also when visibility is reduced.
- Always lock the auto rental Colorado when it is parked and never leave your valuables unattended.
- Make sure everyone in the rental truck wears their seatbelt.
- Never stop to assist a stranger and never pull off the road or exit your vehicle unless you are absolutely certain of the situation. Rental cars are prime targets for theft and other unlawful activity.
- Try to blend into your surroundings and know where you are going beforehand so you don't have to constantly look at the map or ask directions. When you look like a visitor, you'll often be treated like a visitor and unfortunately, that won't always be a good thing.
- Stop driving the SUV rental when you feel you are getting tired.
Colorado Car Rentals
10-30-09 What constitutes as one day with a Colorado rental car
With most rental car
companies, one day means 24 hours with the rental car
. After 24 hours, usually even if it is an hour, you will be charged the car rental
rate of two days with the Colorado rental car
10-26-09 When traveling with a child in a Colorado car rental
, should I bring my own child's car seat or will the rental car
company supply one?
Most rental car
companies will supply a car seat if reserved in advance, but you may also bring your own. Since each Colorado rental car
company is different, it is always best to check with the car rental
company before you rent the rental car
10-16-09 How long can I keep a Colorado car rental
In most cases, you can keep car rentals
for as long as you need them for. If you know you will need Colorado car rentals
for an extended period of time, some car rental
companies offer long term car rental
agreements that have lower car rental
rates than those that are renting car rentals
for a short period of time. Check with your rental car
company to see if they offer this type of rental car
10-5-09 What types of Colorado car rentals
do I typically have to choose from?
Most Colorado car rental
companies have a wide variety of car rentals
to choose from. Colorado auto rentals
range in size and types and typically include small car rentals
, midsize car rentals
and fullsize car rentals
. Some Colorado car rental
companies also offer luxury car rentals
and sports car rentals
as well. Make sure to ask your car rental
company if you are looking for something specific.
9-28-09 How old do I have to be to rent a Colorado rental car
Most Colorado car rental
companies will require that the driver of the rental car
be at least 25 years old. However, some Colorado rental car
companies allow people under the age of 25 to rent a car
if they pay an extra fee for their car rental
Colorado Van Rentals
11-2-09 What are cargo van rentals
?Cargo van rentals
are van rentals
that provide room for mostly cargo. Cargo van rentals
seat two passengers and can hold equipment, tools and other cargo in the back. Not all Colorado van rental
companies offer cargo van rentals
, so be sure to ask your Colorado van rental
company if you need these van rentals
10-26-09 What types of van rentals
do most Colorado van rental
Many Colorado van rental
companies offer minivan rentals
, __15 passenger van rentals__, 12 passenger van rentals
and caravan rentals
. If you are looking for a specific van rental
for your trip, be sure to check with the van rental
company you are renting the van
from to see if they offer the van rental
you are looking for__.
10-21-09 What type of van rental
should I get if I need to carry a lot of luggage and materials, but not many van rental
The van rental
you are looking for if you are only looking to transport materials or equipment rather than passengers is a cargo van rental
. Cargo van rentals
are designed to carry large amounts of belonging, with only two seat in the front for passengers riding in the van rentals
10-14-09 Do most Colorado van rental
companies offer minivan rentals
It varies from van rental
company to van rental
company, but most van rental
companies do offer minivan rentals
as a part of their fleet of van rentals
. It is best to check with the van rental
company you are renting from to see if they have the right van rentals
9-16-09 How many passengers can fit into a Colorado van rental
It depends on the Colorado van rental
you choose. Typically van rentals
range from 15 passenger van rentals
to 12 passenger van rentals
to minivan rentals
that seat up to 7 passengers.
Colorado SUV Rentals and Truck Rentals Colorado
11-6-09 Do most Colorado truck rental
companies deliver truck rentals
for those renting a truck
Most Colorado truck rental
companies most likely do not deliver their truck rentals
to the person renting a truck
. Some truck rental
companies may offer a pick-up service for you if you do not have transportation to the truck rental
facility. Be sure to check with the truck rental
company to see what their policy is on truck rentals
10-28-09 What types of Colorado truck rentals
do most truck rental
Most truck rental
companies offer a variety of truck rentals
, such as pickup truck rentals
, moving truck rentals
and flatbed truck rentals
. The type of truck rental
that Colorado truck rental
companies offer greatly depends on the type of auto rental
company they are. If you are looking for a specific truck rental
, we recommend contacting the Colorado truck rental
company beforehand to see what types of truck rentals
10-23-09 Is an SUV rental
or truck rental
safer than a Colorado car rental
There has been talk that SUV rentals
and truck rentals
are safer than the average car rental
because of the fact that they are larger and higher off of the ground. While both Colorado SUV rentals
and Colorado truck rentals
are very safe, we believe that Colorado car rentals
are just as safe. It is primarily up to the driver of the SUV rental
, or car rental
to determine whether they will allow themselves to be safe inside the auto rental
10-15-09 What is the difference between a mid size SUV rental
and a full size SUV rental
Mid size SUV rentals
seats 7 passengers and is comparable to a Sazuki XL7 SUV rental
model. Full size SUV rentals
seats 8 passengers and includes models such as the Ford Expedition or the Chevy Suburban SUV rental
9-17-09 What kinds of Colorado SUV rentals
are available to rent
Many companies offer both full size SColorado UV rentals
and mid size Colorado SUV rentals
. A full size SUV rental
, such as a Chevy Suburban, will seat up to 8 people and carry 7-8 pieces of luggage, while a mid size SUV rental
, such as a Ford Escape, will seat up to 7 people and carry 2-3 pieces of luggage.
9-8-09 Why should I consider renting a truck
Many people rent trucks
when they have a lot of cargo or need to haul large items. Some companies have Colorado truck rentals
such as pickup trucks, as well as large moving truck rentals